November 17 - November 27Rs20.000
The course on Breakbulk Logistics covers all essential aspects of transport, storage, stevedoring and shipping of breakbulk. During this course, you will get the chance to discuss the opportunities and challenges of the breakbulk industry with its leading experts.
The ports of Flanders are preferred ports for the handling of steel, project cargo, forest products and cars in Europe. With more than 200 calls of breakbulk vessels each month, the Port of Antwerp handles a considerable amount of breakbulk cargo. Numerous logistics players offer various services with a high added value to the customer: steel service centers for handling and cutting steel, warehousing, ripening and refrigeration of perishables, and various other services for fruit, wood and project cargo. North Sea Port (Ghent) is the number 1 breakbulk port in Europe and the port of Zeebrugge is the largest port in the world for importing and exporting roll-on roll-off cargo. Simply put, this port course is hosted at the heart of the European breakbulk market.
Why this programme?
Breakbulk is considered a valuable niche market as it encompasses a considerable amount of job opportunities and value added services in a port. Loading and unloading breakbulk is labor-intensive. Furthermore, general cargo creates opportunities for value added services such as supply management, order picking, quality control, packaging and storage. Shipping breakbulk requires a product specific approach: every shipment is different.
With this programme,
– you will become more familiar with the wide range of breakbulk cargoes, such as heavy lift, project cargo, steel, forest products, or non-ferrous metals.
– you will get insights into the entire supply chain of handling, storage, stevedoring and shipping of breakbulk cargo.
– you will understand the key aspects and best practices for the safe and secure handling of breakbulk and project cargo, loss and claim prevention and the legal responsibilities of all parties involved.
– you will be able to assess the risks involved and make actionable recommendations for the safe and secure handling of the cargo.
– you will be familiar with breakbulk terminal operations and understand the complexity of loading, lashing and securing of different types of breakbulk cargo.
– you will understand the impact of breakbulk and project cargo on your port development and operations.
– you will be able to assess the economic value of breakbulk and project cargo in your port.
– you will understand the impact of technology and innovation to the breakbulk industry.
Course fee: Rs 20.000
The registration fee covers the tuition fee, documentation, workshop and certificate. (no GST included)
Please note that the registration fee must be received by JNPT-APEC in full; meaning all national and international taxes, bank costs etc. need to be covered by the participant.
Kindly take this into account when completing the transfer, as a deficit in the amount received by JNPT-APEC will mean admission to the course will be denied.
Final date to apply for the course: 12/11/2020
Apply to be contacted and express your interest in the courses of your choice. Multiple selections are possible (use CTRL or CMD). Applications are not processed automatically and will be confirmed by our staff.