- This event has passed.
18th May 2020 - 22nd May 2020
Postponed until further notice due to Covid-19
The course goal is to explain the participant how to successfully create new port infrastructure and/or maintain port access using the best available dredging technologies and strategies. After a review of the most common dredging techniques and their application the different aspects of a typical dredging project (including the preparation, execution as well as follow-up of dredging works) will be explained using real life case studies from all over the world. Successful projects as well as projects which faced large problems will be used throughout the seminar to illustrate the do’s and don’ts of a dredging project.
What to expect
After the seminar, the participant will have acquired the following skills and knowledge:
being able to work out an optimal dredging strategy for a specific project, taking into account the local geotechnical conditions, environmental legislation as well as timing constraints.
Who should attend
Port authorities, Port consultants, those managing contractors, Senior management and planning department.
What will I learn
– Maintenance dredging, capital dredging and dredging techniques
– Project phase wise identification, investigation, feasability studies, design, construction and maintenance
– Different types of equipment such as hydraulic transportation and dredge pumps and boundaries for their use
– Scoping and site conditions for understanding environmental aspects
– Valorisation and re-use of polluted sediments
– Hydrodynamic and morphological investigations
– Silting and sedimentation phenomena
– Dredging in muddy environments
– Calculating volumes to dredge
– Environmental management during a dredging project
Apply to be contacted and express your interest in the courses of your choice. Multiple selections are possible (use CTRL or CMD). Applications are not processed automatically and will be confirmed by our staff.