- This event has passed.
Ports and the environment – Sustainable and responsible management
5th June 2017 - 9th June 2017USD1600
Managing ports and terminals with environment and corporate social responsibility in mind in every step of the development
The seminar covers every topic from concept to implementation of the right environmental strategy in every aspect, on land, sea and air.
Topics such as clean energy, alternative fuels, compensation measures and the role of the port authority will be discussed in detail.
A chapter is dedicated to the measurement of the effectiveness of measures and strategies, the reporting and the business dimension.
After the seminar, participants will have acquired the following skills and knowledge: Incorporate environmental thinking in any step in the lifecycle of a port in an effective and efficient way.
- Overview of the current rules and regulations applying to the port community
- How to implement guidelines
- Integrate environmental responsibility and corporate social responsibility in all aspects in the development of ports
- The demands of port customers with regards to the protection of the environment and social responsibility
- Reacting to calamities and disasters
- Managing projects related to the environment
Key decision makers, Senior management, Strategy and Policy makers, Port consultants
The course fee is fixed at 100.000 Rupees per participant and includes course material, lunches, refreshments, coffee and tea during the breaks and the work visits. Participants of Indian Major ports may apply for a special scholarship for attending the courses.
Apply to be contacted and express your interest in the courses of your choice. Multiple selections are possible (use CTRL or CMD). Applications are not processed automatically and will be confirmed by our staff.