Why this programme ?
It is of essence to understand how the process of dredging can be performed safely, efficiently and cost-effectively, with attention to the marine ecosystem and its marine biodiversity, to face upcoming challenges such as long periods of drought, reduction of CO2 emissions, polluted rivers, seas and soils, …
Dredging plays a crucial role in coastal infrastructure projects and guarantees port access and the navigability of waterways. This seminar on Dredging Management and Engineering gives you an overview of the latest applications, technology, equipment and environmental aspects of this topic and its project management with a focus on Belgium / Europe and India / Asia.
The following topics will be covered:
1) Maintenance vs capital dredging
– Why dredge?
2) Dredging types, processes, techniques and equipment
– Functioning and field of application
– Trends and innovations
– Case studies
3) Stages of a dredging project
– Reducing costs and risks in your own projects
– Identification, investigation, feasibility studies, design, construction and maintenance
4) Types of dredging contracts
– Standard types of dredging contracts
– The key principles of contract preparation
– Minimising the risk of claims
5) Site conditions and soil characteristics
– Scope site conditions, soil characteristics and environmental aspects, surveying and geotechnical investigations
6) Environmental aspects of dredging
– Environmental impact and corresponding solutions with regard to planning, management, mitigation and monitoring of the project.
For whom ?
The course is open to both technical and non-technical professionals, engaged in managerial or operational aspects of the dredging business, such as: dredging contractors and those involved in dredging projects at offshore companies, port authorities, construction companies, conservation agencies, project owners working for governments, coastal engineering companies, dredging contractors in other organisations.
Dredging Management & Engineering
Course fee: Rs 100.000
The course fee covers course material, airport pick-up / drop off, accommodation
( 5 nights in a twin sharing room) and all meals and beverages ( no GST included)
A single room can be provided at an additional cost of Rs 20 000 and is subject to availability
Please note that the registration fee must be received by JNPT-APEC in full; meaning all national and international taxes, bank costs etc. need to be covered by the participant.
Kindly take this into account when completing the transfer, as a deficit in the amount received by JNPT-APEC will mean admission to the course will be denied.
Final date to apply for the course: 10/09/2022
Apply to be contacted and express your interest in the courses of your choice. Multiple selections are possible (use CTRL or CMD). Applications are not processed automatically and will be confirmed by our staff.
[gravityform id=”1″ title=”true” description=”true”]