Why this programme ?
Ports play an important role as a catalyst for the sustainable transition of industry, shipping, and energy. Ports adopting sustainable business models are prepared for upcoming legislation whilst creating a competitive advantage. The aim is to fulfil the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals with respect to environmental protection, innovation, economic growth and added value of port activities.
This course focuses on sustainable development policy, sustainable portfolio management, energy transition and environmental protection in a port context. Additionally, it shows how to become a frontrunner in sustainable solutions and how to effectively reduce environmental impact through targeted initiatives. Project management and change management are important levers to realise these sustainable ambitions.
The programme consists of 3 modules:
1) Sustainable development in a port context
– Building successful partnerships in support of the UN SDGs
– Port of Antwerp-Bruges sustainability policy
– Port Endeavor Game – APEC/IAPH/UNCTAD collaboration
– Workshop: Integration sustainability in port strategy
2) Port Environmental management
– Environmental responsibilities
– Environmental practices in a port
– Air quality and odour problem detection
– Waste management and water and soil quality
– Dredging and the impact of ports on coastal dynamics
– Climate change and green transition
– Protection of biodiversity (terrestrial and marine)
– ISO 14001 – Environmental management systems:
3) Sustainable portfolio management
– Enterprise portfolio managment in ports
– Workshop : Priorisation tool for portfolio management
– Case study : Change management – towards a project driven organisation
For whom ?
The programme is suitable for port professionals and governmental bodies who are involved in the development of sustainable ports, port strategic plans and environmental policies, as well as HSEQ managers and officers and project and portfolio managers.
Port Environmental Management and Sustainability
Course fee: Rs 100.000
The course fee covers course material, airport pick-up / drop off, accommodation
( 5 nights in a twin sharing room) and all meals and beverages ( no GST included)
A single room can be provided at an additional cost of Rs 20 000 and is subject to availability
Please note that the registration fee must be received by JNPT-APEC in full; meaning all national and international taxes, bank costs etc. need to be covered by the participant.
Kindly take this into account when completing the transfer, as a deficit in the amount received by JNPT-APEC will mean admission to the course will be denied.
Final date to apply for the course: 18/06/2023
Apply to be contacted and express your interest in the courses of your choice. Multiple selections are possible (use CTRL or CMD). Applications are not processed automatically and will be confirmed by our staff.
[gravityform id=”1″ title=”true” description=”true”]